Tuesday 3 September 2013

Packaging touches

I love a good magazine and if it has good photography and recipes are thrown in, then all the better. Cereal is one of my favourite of the new ones - it's not like a traditional glossy magazine such as Vogue, all sheeny and shiny, more gentle but still stunning. I think the term for magazines like these is a magabook - half magazine, half book. Another one is Anthology which is also lovely. Unfortunately there's nowhere in Aberdeen which sells this type of magazine so I have two choices - wait for a trip to Edinburgh for Anthropologie or the fantastic Anaglogue Books http://www.analoguebooks.co.uk, or source them online. Obviously my favourite way is to go to Edinburgh but that doesn't happen too often sadly with that thing called work getting in the way! I went down the online route via Amazon to get the latest issue of cereal and look what came with it from the lovely supplier, Soma Galleryhttp://somagallery.co.uk/somashop/. Lovely postcard-sized mini prints and a cute business card. What a nice touch and the gallery looks really lovely too from its website.



Here's the freebies.




I couldn't have put it better myself.



Very nice font, and nice and graphic.



These are the two cards which came as extras.




Here's a close up of the Russian doll one, I like this one a lot. It may need a frame and a wall appearance somewhere.



It's random, it's green and there's an animal on a bike - what's not to love??



And here are the reverse sides of the cards.



Lovely colours indeed.



Here's a quick look at Cereal.



Look at those lovely photographs, aren't they so summery?



Have a nice day, enjoy getting lost in the Soma Gallery website!

Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment